Translation is the rendering of a written text of one language into another.
- The course in Translation of the Interdepartmental Programme of Postgraduate Studies aims to:
- Train University graduates to acquire specific knowledge and techniques of translation, while at the same time enhancing their self-awareness concerning their crucial social role and their ability to adapt to rapidly changing modern conditions.
- Train academics and professionals who will be equipped with high level specialist knowledge and skills to meet the requirements of both public and private sectors at both national and international levels.
- Promote and enhance the Greek language at European and international levels in general, while simultaneously promoting multilingualism and cultural diversity.
- Promote and utilise new technologies in education, research, and practice in the field of multilingual communication and translation in particular.
- Collaborate with the European academic community and promoting research in the field of Theoretical and Applied Translation Studies.
Source language(s) and target language(s):
SL: Greek (EL), English (EN), French (FR), German (DE), Italian (IT), Spanish (ES)
TL: Greek (EL) and English (EN).